Last updated: April 20, 2020
Last updated: April 20, 2020
Tillable, Inc., and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“American Farm Financing” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites;
- when you contact us by telephone or in person (for example at a summit or other conference); and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third-party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Children Under the Age of 18
Our Websites are not intended for children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Websites. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 18 if we become aware of it.
Our Websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or on or through any of its features/register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license number, state or government issued identification number, banking or financial account information, date of birth, electronic information number, real property purchased, leased or rented, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our other users and affiliates who use our Websites and who may enter your Personal Data onto our Websites.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites are:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, posting a listing for a property or responding to a listing for a property, or requesting further services. If you choose to send an inquiry or commitment request through the Websites for a property, your personal information, including your email address and any other information you supply (unless the Site specifies otherwise), will be visible to the property owner or manager in question so that they might reply directly to you. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes and feedback about the services;
- details of the transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your transactions you enter into with other users of our Website. You may be required to provide financial information before engaging in transactions on or through our Websites; and
- your search queries on the Websites.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required to enter into a contract with American Farm Financing, for American Farm Financing to perform under the contract, and to provide you with our products and services. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to enter into the contract or fulfill our obligations to you under it.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Websites or transmitted to other users of the Websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information while creating or responding to listings (including listing publicly and limiting the transmission of posts to certain listings), please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as described above. We may also collect information about your computer and internet connection, i.e. your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize how our Websites appears to you according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web beacons. We gather and share information concerning the use of the Site by property owners and managers and farmers with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics. To do this, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags (also called “clear GIFs” or “web beacons”) that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies. Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
Information From Third Parties
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify information provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with the Services.
4.How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Websites to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Websites and their contents to you;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to let our other users know about your listings and to facilitate transactions between you and the other users of our Websites;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites or any services we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to maintain, secure, or improve our Websites and services;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions and contests;
- to provide you with newsletters or other promotional content related to our services or our third party partners’ services;
- to respond to your questions or inquiries;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- to other users of our Websites, for example, if you choose to communicate with the other users of our Websites, we may transmit the contents of that communication, your contact information, and any other information you provide to the recipients;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates, including American Farm Financing, LLC;
- to contractors, service providers, partners, and other third parties we use to support our business, including, without limitation:
- those performing surveys, data analytics or research projects in partnership with us or on our behalf;
- hosting providers and other technical service providers;
- to provide existing products and services and develop new ones; and
- marketing partners for purposes of promoting products and services that might be of interest to you; including, without limitation, social media advertising services and networks who target our advertising to you and other social media users similar to you (e.g., same age, geographic area, etc.)
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of American Farm Financing’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by American Farm Financing Owners about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Websites’ terms and conditions https://americanfarmfinancing.com/terms-and-conditions/ and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of American Farm Financing, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to any other persons or entities disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- to any other persons or entities for which you have provided consent, for example, such as when you authorize a third-party application such as Facebook to access your American Farm Financing account.
Aggregate or De-identified Information. We collect, use and share aggregated information or de-identified information as we determine from time to time in our sole discretion, without restriction. We may keep aggregated information or de-identified Information indefinitely.
We may share your Personal Data with a third party payment processor to enable you to access and use certain features of the services. The third party payment processor has its own privacy policies and security practices for which we are not responsible. You will have an independent relationship with such payment processor, subject to such payment processor’s own terms and conditions.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology and our advertising to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from American Farm Financing. You may receive email from us for a variety of reasons; for example, if you took an action through the Websites or you posted a listing for your property and a user sent you a message. If you wish to opt-out of such use, you can contact us at (XXX) XXX-XXXX. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to American Farm Financing for the processing of a service or other transaction.
You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info). We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
- Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change your Personal Data at any time by logging into the Website or the Application and visiting your account profile page.
You can review and change your Personal Data or close your account by logging into the Websites and visiting your “Account Settings” page. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to close your account. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your account. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you contact us to access or change your Personal Data or to close your account, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements.
- Additional Rights for California Consumers
This section sets forth our privacy practices as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). This section applies only to individuals who reside in the State of California.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, which may include name, alias, postal address, unique identifier, IP address, email address, phone number, account number, and other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, which may include purchasing and transaction history.
- Information relating to internet activity or other electronic network activity, which may include cookies, browser type, device information, clickstream data, and choice of settings such as WiFi and Bluetooth settings.
- Geolocation data, which may include Global Positioning System (“GPS”) data, locational information based upon your IP address, cell network data, and similar location data.
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, which may include customer service audio recordings and similar information.
- Professional or employment information.
- Inferences about you, such as predispositions, behavior, preferences, and characteristics.
- Information not listed above, but related to characteristics protected under California or federal law.
For more information on the personal information we collect, including the sources we receive personal information from, review the “ Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It” section above. We collect and use personal information for the business purposes described in the “ How We Use Your Information” section above. We share or disclose personal information as set forth in the “Disclosure of Your Information” section above.
Your Privacy Rights:
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. Subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, subject to certain exceptions in the CCPA, you have the right to request deletion of the personal information we have collected from you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
- Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
- Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Websites confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
We may process your Personal Data outside of your home country, including to the United States. We only do this when we are legally permitted to do so and when we have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
We do not market our goods or services to residents of Europe, however, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Websites, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data. By using our Websites, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Data on our Websites.
- Data Retention Periods
We retain your Personal Data for as long as you keep your account open. In some instances, we may keep it after you close your account, for example, we may keep it:
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems;
- for as long as. necessary to protect our legal interests; and
- to comply with other legal requirements.
American Farm Financing will retain your Personal Data for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
- Contact Information
You may contact us through the contact information below.
To Contact American Farm Financing
American Farm Financing
220 N Smith Street
Palatine, IL 60067